Thursday, February 3, 2011
Adam’s in Brine
You know you are at a Braying Adams concert when:
1. Someone at the gate offered to pay you to take all his tickets.
2. Tickets were being hawked for a “charitable cause” – the BA Aids Foundation.
3. You spot your dad and his cronies in the crowd.
4. Your dad thinks he spots his dad and his cronies in the crowd.
5. Everybody, including the samosa vendor, the stagehand and the traffic cop, knows every lyric of every song. Everybody except the teenager in the “I Love BA Forever” t-shirt who is pulled onto stage to sing along.
6. There’s a group of screeching Persian-speaking chicks clawing, biting and poking their way through the crowd to get to the edge of the stage.
7. One of the Persian chicks has a clump of your hair, which is possibly still in her mouth.
8. You are standing on one foot because there is no place to put the other one down.
9. Your cousin isn’t even on the ground; she’s hanging onto the collar of the unknown guy in front of her, who is slowly but surely dying of strangulation.
10. You finally find a solid bit of concrete to stand on. Ten minutes later, the guy behind you tells you that you’re standing on his feet.
11. Mr Concrete-Blocks-For-Feet decides to tell you where he’s from, says you look familiar and then asks whether you would like to sit on his shoulders.
12. There’s a middle-aged rotund drunk jumping up and down and dancing when people barely have place to stand.
13. People are playing pass-the-parcel with the middle-aged rotund drunk, steadily shoving him out of the crowd.
14. People are pointing and laughing at a woman who looks like she’s been in labour for 72 hours but who is really just on the verge of fainting.
15. You can tell firsthand that the guy pressed up behind you has chosen today, of all days, to go commando.
16. You are so tightly squashed against the person in front of you, there’s no way you couldn’t have lost a cupsize.
17. While leaving, you have to scramble over the middle-aged rotund drunk now lying face down on the ground with a Pepsi billboard thrown over him.
18. You leave the concert venue looking like you’ve been dragged backward through a hedge, drenched in perspiration that is not your own, vowing never to attend another BA concert.
19. Someone at the gate is still trying to pay people to take his tickets.
20. You stay up all night with your cousin discussing people at the concert rather than the actual performance itself.